Opening 2012-2013 School Year!
The H.O.P.E. Save America's Youth Yes! Center is a licensed after school, faith-based program sponsored by H.O.P.E. Ministries Inc. in partnership with Community Bible Chapel. It is located on the campus of Community Bible Chapel in Southeast Atlanta. We serve all youth ages 5-17 years and we are a ministry first, here to train and serve young people. Our program goals are to:
- Provide a supervised, drug-free safe-haven accessible to all youth in the community
- Strengthen academic and study skills in Math, Reading, Writing, and Science
- Foster high expectations and improve self-esteem for all participants
- Reduce incidences of risk-oriented behavior (conflict, violence, pre-marital sex etc.)
- Engage youth in community service activities & build youth leadership skills
The H.O.P.E. SY! Center is designed specifically to provide a healthy and positive alternative for at-risk youth during the hours of 3PM-7PM Monday-Friday. Our program will utilize the Ten Steps Rites of Passage model that helps participants successfully transition from childhood to adulthood. The Ten Steps Rites of Passage program model is an evidenced –based, youth development model. The Ten Step Model not only focuses on the behaviors that we desire youth not to engage in, but instead equips youth with skills necessary to create productive lives for themselves. The Ten Step Program is holistic in its approach, and employs strategies that are proven most effective in working with high-risk populations. The Ten Rites include: Personal Rite, Emotional Rite, Mental Rite, Economic Rite, Spiritual Rite, Social Rite, Physical Rite, Political Rite, Historical Rite, and Cultural Rite. The Ten Step Rites of Passage program has various ceremonies, and rituals that culminate each rite and the program.
Our program offers a broad range of high-quality enrichment activities that focus on three main components:
- Education – will enhance practice and mastery of academic skills;
- Social Development – will promote servant-leadership and create positive productive citizens;
- Leadership – will provide essential life skills training to enable students to successfully navigate society and successfully transition from childhood to adulthood. Enrichment activities will be engaging, youth-centered, and fun while employing real-life experiences utilizing academic and life skills applications.